Play DateFirst Impressions Self Made Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills



Hey guys, its Jkissa, welcome back. So today I am going to be doing a Play Date video with the new Anastasia Self Made palette. If you have never seen one of my play date videos, this is my first time playing with the palette. So you get to kind of see what I am doing, figuring out the look as I go and kind of my first impressions and thoughts as we are rolling through the tutorial.

So if you wanna see how to achieve the look that I have no idea what it looks like yet, then lets get started.
I have not applied my concealer yet just in case there is any fall out. But I am taking me new favorite eye primer. It is the Kat Von D High Voltage eye primer. And it is in the color Skin.
So I just take a little bit on my finger and then spread that all over.

And it has a really nice yellow base to kind of correct those tones of veins that we get. To set the primer, I am taking a matte eyeshadow close to my skin tone and that Blanc from Anastasia. I am just applying this with a big fluffy brush, kind of all over the area. And this is going to help everything blend much easier.

I never used to do this step, but now I cant live without it.
So looking at this palette, there is only two true matte shades. Which.. I dont know how I feel about it.

Sherbet is not as shimmery as the other colors, so if you wanna try to adventure and put that in your crease, you totally can. But for now, I am going to mix Buttery and Hot Chocolate, if you are darker than me, you can go in with Hot Chocolate. But with that being said, you might have to pull from other eyeshadows if you are darker to deepen the crease up.
So, just gonna mix this...

Tap off the excess, and this is the Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer, its super similar to a MAC 217 brush. Were just applying this all over our crease. And this is going to act like a really nice transition shade. And a transition shade just makes sure that, its kind of like eye shadow primer in a way, it makes sure that the other colors going on top of it, blend and go together a lot easier.

But yeah, its like a base coat. Basically, is what I am trying to get at. Just taking a clean blending brush to get the edges defused. So as you can see, the transition shade doesnt need to be super pigmented.

It just needs to have a light wash.
Okay, so now I am going to deepen up the crease and I am taking a smaller blending brush, so we can get more precision and more control. Im going to be taking Hot Chocolate. If you are darker, I would recommend probably Beauty Mark from Anastasia.

Its a gorgeous kind of a plummy brown color. So I am just picking up a little bit on the tip, doesnt need a lot of product. And then I am going to start in the outer crease, and slowly work my way inwards. Where you touch the brush first, is where you are going to get the most amount of pigmentation.

So just keep that in mind. And if you are having a heavy hand, put your hand towards the end of the brush and this ensures a very light hand. And just build this color up until you get your desired
when they get towards the inner part if if I do windshield wiper motions like back and forth, I tend to get little streaks or skips. So I make sure to use circular motions to prevent that.

So we have those kind of harsh lines, and Im gonna blend it out with the transition shade we used earlier. Just picking up a little bit more of it. And using circular motions to really blend it out. Okay, so Im gonna apply, eventually, Deep Purple to my lid.

But first I wanna add a base, this is the Make Up For Ever Aquamatic I-90. What this is gonna do is provide a super pigmented purple base and intensify the eyeshadow we put on later. So I apply it super close to the lash line and then just blend it out. Any flat stiff brush is gonna work to blend it out, but I really like the Smith 256 with the pointed tip to really get into that inner corner.

I like to blend it out so its not a super harsh line between the lid and the crease. You do have to work quickly with this product because it does seem to dry really quickly. So now that we have the purple base down, Im going to be applying Deep Purple, which is this color right here. Super gorgeous shade it looks like.

Im taking a flat brush and really making sure to pack the color into the brush. And I use packing motions on the lid to ensure the most product gets on there and to kind of prevent fall out. This shade is so pretty. Im taking Spirit Rock, which is this black shade, but seems to have pink and purple kind of sparkle in it.

So I am going to use this as kind of like my eyeliner, I am going to smoke it out and up. And I think it will look really pretty with the purple we already have on the lid I hope. Oh and I am using a MAC 231 brush by the way. I am hugging this as close to the lash line as I can get at first.

And then, we are going to go and blend it upwards. And then if you need to take the brush we used before on the lid to kind of blend it together, you can do that as well. We just want a little hint of  darkness, we dont need anything crazy dramatic though. Just kidding, this look is dramatic.

Having the black eyeshadow, smoked out is a great transition if you are gonna put on lashes, or you wanna deepen the liner for a really smoked out look. Its a great technique not just for this eye look but for really kind of any smokey eye look. I use this technique all the time. Its one of my favorites.

Its all about blending the colors and building them up until you get the desired effect.
To intensify the black shadow, I am going to line my upper lash line. Im using my favorite liner this is the Rock n Kohl from Charlotte Tilbury. Its really creamy and just really pigmented and it stays all day.

A little bit on the pricey side though, not gonna lie. Okay so as you can see, it just kind of intensifies the smokiness and really grounds the black on the lash line.
So now I am quickly just going to remove any fall out I had with a makeup wipe. If you dont have any (fallout), its your lucky day.

Okay so I am quickly going to apply my concealer, if you wear foundation, I would recommend doing foundation at this step. Since I do not, it makes my skin itch, dont ask why, I dont know. I just wear concealer, so I am going to do that and I will be right back.
Okay I applied my concealer, and as you can see, there is still a bit of darkness here, because I didnt carry my concealer all the way up.

Like I used to I actually learned this trick from Theevanitydiary, I was always getting creasing and he was like dont carry it all the way up, just to where you need to. And ever since then, it has been a life saver. So now I just apply some eye primer underneath since we are going to be doing some lower lash line work. And, I am just applying this with a pencil brush.

So I want the lower lash line to be purple as well, so I am going to go back in with Deep Purple and a little smudge brush, this is the Morphe 508. Just picking up a little bit on the tip. And then turning it so it is directly on the lower lash line. And then I like to kind of taper it, when I get to the inner corner, so it is really blown out here, but then kind of hugging the lash line, here.

You dont have to do this if dont want to. I am trying to get this as close to the lash line as I can.
Okay so now I am taking Spirit Rock again, on that same brush we used and I am going to be applying this closely to the lower lash line. We are basically mimicking what we did up here, and we are mimicking it down here.

I am just taking a small fluffy brush and Buttery and just blending out the edges of the lower lash line.
Im quickly taking that same black liner, you can use a nude if you want to but I really want it to be dramatic towards the lashes. We are just lining this, just like we did with the upper lash line.
On a pencil brush, I am taking Isla and we are going to be applying this on the inner corner.

You could always use a shade like Treasure or even Pink Champagne, if you didnt want this contrasty of a look. Okay guys, so I am quickly going to curl my lashes, apply mascara, and then false lashes and I'm gonna finish the rest of my face and then come back.
Okay guys, so here is the finished look, I will leave all the additional products I used down below, but if you want to know the lip color, it is Requiem from Kat Von D. You dont have to opt for this kind of strawberry milk nude color, you can always go for a darker nude or even Potion by Anastasia would be super gorgeous.

I hope you enjoyed this Play Date video, let me know what you think down in the comment section below, dont forget to subscribe and I will see you guys next time, bye!.

Play DateFirst Impressions Self Made Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush Trio - Pool Party Review & Swatches on Pale SkinCruelty Free Vegan

The Secret of Anastasia - Phelous

Anastasia (Dingo Pictures) - Phelous